Home Inspection Tips for Buyers
- Recognize that every house has flaws
- Before making an offer to purchase thoroughly inspect the home and make a note of all the visible defects. Then if necessary at that time adjust your offer accordingly.
- Accompany the Home Inspector during the inspection and ask questions
- The inspector’s job is to note every flaw that is found. Ask at that time if it is a serious or costly issue
- Limit your request for repairs to serious defects, the things that are make or break items for you
A home purchase may be the largest investment of your life. A home inspection will inform you of ongoing issues, needed repairs safety issues, positive aspects of the home as well as educate you about your home and property maintenance.
We encourage ALL of our clients to have a home inspection. Even if a property is brand new or sold AS IS. By law you are entitled to have an inspection and you should. The cost of the inspection typically will more than pay for itself when compared to the repair’s costs associated with home ownership.
What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is a visual non-invasive examination of the physical structure and systems of a home, form foundation to roof. A home inspector is trained to be a detective in regard to the construction and working parts of homes. Inspectors use tools like the moisture meter and thermal imaging camera to help recognize what the eye can’t see. A thorough inspection will take time, and, in the end, you will receive a very detailed report to include pictures for your reference.
Below is a list of Home Inspectors that our clients have had positive experiences with. We are providing this list as a convenience but do not warrant nor endorse their work. We encourage consumers to do their research and choose a company they feel comfortable with.
- Hawkeye Home Inspections – Chris Fry, License #30232
240-285-1548 [email protected]
- A to Z Inspection Service – Steven Boie, License #29517
240-676-2091 [email protected]rvice.com
- National Property Inspection – Michael Tebeau, License #31227
240-409-3711 [email protected]
- Fox Mountain Property Inspections – Richard Leonard, License #30150
301-685-3145 [email protected]
- US Inspect – Rose Buckley, License #32983
240-215-3594 [email protected]
- 1st Step Home Inspections – Pat (PJ) Leroux, License #32497
410-245-7634 [email protected]