Showing your Home
All of our showings are schedule through Showingtime online which verifies the license information of all agents that come in your home. They will also call, text and or email you for all upcoming appointments.
- Turn on all lights and replace bulbs with high wattage bulbs where needed.
- Open all the draperies and window shades during daylight hours.
- Open windows for a bit before a showing to circulate fresh air.
- Open all the doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling.
- Place fresh flowers on a table or two.
- If possible bake cookies or something nice, do not cook odorous foods (certain vegetables and fish in particular) before a showing.
- The kitchen and baths should be spotless with fresh towels and the toilet seat down.
- Make your beds and pick up your clothes (stuff them under the bed if you have to in a hurry).
- Pets should be confined, restricted from view or removed from the home. Not everyone is a pet lover and free roaming pets may cause some people to rush through a showing.
- Make sure to clean up after your pet to help eliminate orders. Clean up any yard waste you see, clean the litter box and pick up the food bowls.
- Please leave the house for showings, Buyers need the opportunity to take their time and look at your home at their pace, the more comfortable they feel during the showing the better!
- When you leave for work in the morning make sure the house is ready to be shown. You never know when someone will call to make an appointment.